Compassionate Mindful Genuine
* Due to COVID-19 social distancing and quarantining guidelines, video therapy is now available via a secure platform. Feel free to contact me for further information.
I work with adults and adolescents struggling with the pain and challenges of the stressors that come with life. A safe space and warm environment is provided, which will allow you to engage with me in your process of change.
My treatment approach is based on your individual needs, concentrating in psychodynamic and relational psychotherapy. However, going beyond technique and theory is what makes therapy work – it’s the realm of the trusting relationship: the ongoing human-to-human connection that provides the foundation for change. Change can be difficult, whether positive or negative, and therapy invites you to sit with your emotions and tackle the obstacles that may be hindering your growth.
I use an integrative approach to understand your life experiences and how they are affecting your present functioning. Without a therapeutic relationship, there is no therapy. I combine empathy with humor to help you feel comfortable and bring a humanistic approach into the room.
Areas of Expertise:
• Coping with Depression and Anxiety
• Recovering from Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
• Grief and Loss
• Maternal and Post-Partum Depression
• Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention
• Adjustment to Life Transitions (school or work)
• LGBT Community